As a well-established company we’ve always been keen to create a corporate video, which would take people around Roman on a virtual tour. Being a British manufacturer is something we are very proud to shout about – and what better way than through a corporate video which shows the ins and outs of what goes into creating our enclosures. However, it’s always one of those things that you intend to do, but just never get round to. Until now…
When we were put forward for the Daily Mail’s Made in Britain awards, part of the entry criteria was to submit a corporate video – so this gave us the perfect excuse to get to work and create a video which goes behind the scenes to give the watcher an overview of Roman and how our products come together. This week’s blog article takes you behind the scenes to show you how the video came together.
We began by creating a brief that would be sent to the agency commissioned to create the video. This included both details of what footage was needed and also a script. Roman is a massive manufacturing site and because the video is only around 3 minutes long we had to choose carefully. We decided the following areas were the most important and were a must for inclusion:
- The Shop Floor where we manufacture our range of shower enclosures and bath screens – we wanted to highlight how all the enclosures are all individually put together by hand.
- Our Packaging machine – we manufacture all our own boxes in house and the packaging machine is an impressive sight.
- Customer Service – all Roman products are service backed by a lifetime guarantee, therefore our Customer Service centre is a vital part of the business.
- Roman’s Design Team – including how they not only design every single product, but also test them.
- The Tray manufacturing facility – we design and manufacture all our Shower Trays and our Preformed Shower floors in our solid surface tray manufacturing facility. The Tray Plant is an exciting part of the business and is always an area of interest to our visitors. We were keen to highlight everything, from how the moulds are created, through to them being used to cast the trays, through to a tray being individually finished by hand.
- The Showroom – finally we wanted to show off our completed products, so we would finish up in the showroom with a mix of shots, from price sensitive products from our Collage range of shower enclosures, through to luxury products from our Sculptures range of shower enclosures
Once the brief was all signed off, we arrange for the agency to come in and take some footage.
Shooting the Video
We didn’t need to shoot in any particular set order, as they would edit the film later. So we just went round ensuring we got plenty of footage. Here’s some behind the scenes snaps of the video being shot…
Editing the Video
The agency went away and edited the video and added in the voice-over at the same time. Once ready they sent the video through to us for approval. As expected, we had a few minor changes, but were pleased to get it signed off on the third draft – good going!
We are pleased with the finished corporate video and it has, of course, been submitted to the Daily Mail for their awards. We are now keeping our fingers crossed that we will be shortlisted as one of the finalists. Watch this space and we will let you know.
Oh – and don’t forget to let us know what you think of the finished video!