We’ve been getting involved in #waterwednesday on Twitter for a few months now, and have had some great feedback and tips from businesses and consumers alike this year. Here is a summary of a few tips and tweets that caught our eye:
Our tips and tweets about Water Wednesday…
- Save Water by having a shower daily instead of a bath, saving about 40% of water used!
- Water Tip: Bought a new dishwasher? They’re more efficient & pre-rinse for you so no need to rinse dishes under the tap 1st
- Our Tip: Water your garden at the coolest point of the day to avoid the water evaporating.
- Next time you boil eggs use the cooled leftover water for your plants & the nutrients in the shells is also good for them!
- Our #waterwednesday tip: Install water butts to collect water in wet months to use in summer months. Big bin to catch rain water works too.
Green Cross, mission is to respond to the combined challenges of security, poverty and environmental degradation to ensure a sustainable and secure future for all.:
- A dripping tap can typically waste around 15 litres of #water a day #waterwednesday
You can follow them on Twitter at: @GreenCrossInt
Soothing Showers, a British based company promoting a natural beauty regime, tweeting about showering, grooming and aromotherapy.
- Save #water by ensuring you are turning the tap off properly every time you leave the bathroom or kitchen!
- Avoid flushing cotton wool & make-up tissues. Throwing them in the bin reduces the #water that’s wasted by every flush.
- Try and have shorter #showers – it is both better for your #skin and prevents it from drying out, and saves #water!
Follow Soothing Showers on Twitter at: @SoothingShowers
ElliotElliot312 on twitter said:
- Save 150 gallons (and $!!!) each month by shortening your shower just 1 or 2 minutes. We’re rooting for you!
Tweet us your water saving tips using #waterwednesday every Wednesday. If you don’t have a twitter account you can always post them on the Roman Facebook page, use the comments box below, or e-mail them in to email@example.com