We’re loving #waterwednesday on Twitter and have had some great feedback and tips from you already. Here is a summary of the last few weeks of tips and tweets:
Our weekly tips and tweets about Water Wednesday…
- Install a water efficient shower valve. The Water Label website lists officially labelled water efficient bathroom products.
- Did you know? All Roman Valves are registered on The Water Label scheme and carry a rating of up to 8 or 10 litres of water consumption per minute.
- Opt for a Shower than a bath daily; 5min shower (not power) uses around 30-35L of water, whereas filling a bath approx 100L.
- Install a dual flush toilet with a split button. Choosing the flush size can reduce the amount of water used per flush.
- Order a Water Saving pack from your local authority. @lesswater has links to all authorities here http://www.savewatersavemoney.co.uk/section/free-water-saving-pack
- For cold drinks keep a jug of water in the fridge instead of running the tap – this saves it being wasted down the drain
Roman at Home
Roman at Home also got involved with this tip.
- Did you know our @romanltd Shower Heads & Kits are available to buy online & @TheWaterLabel approved.
Follow Roman at Home on Twitter at: @romanathome
Homecare Heating Supplies, a bathroom retailer based in Darlington, sent in a range of tips over the last few weeks:
- If possible, fill up the washing machine or dishwasher: one full load uses less water than two half loads.
- A dripping hot tap in 1 week wastes enough hot water to fill half a bath, so fix leaking taps & make sure they are closed.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth and save approximately 25 gallons a month!
- Save water by soaking pots and pans instead of letting the water run while you scrape them clean :0)
- Get a water butt!! The amount of rain we are getting today it will soon be full, get ready for next summers heat wave :0)
You can follow Homecare Heating on Twitter at: @homecaresupp
Able Skills, who deliver Electrical, Plumbing, Gas, Plastering, Carpentry, Tiling, Decorating, Brickwork, Renewables Courses & Qualifications in Kent, gave us this tip:
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, a running tap can use six litres of water per minute!
Follow Able Skills on Twitter at: @ableskills
The Water Label, a European scheme promoted by the BMA gave us this tip:
- For more details on the Water Label and help to find and compare products, visit: http://www.europeanwaterlabel.eu/
Follow The Water Label on Twitter at: @TheWaterLabel
Soothing Showers, a British based company promoting a natural beauty regime, tweeting about showering, grooming and aromotherapy.
- To save water and time, consider washing your face or brushing your teeth while in the shower.
Follow Soothing Showers on Twitter at: @SoothingShowers
Tweet us your water saving tips using #waterwednesday every Wednesday. If you don’t have a twitter account you can always post them on the Roman Facebook page, use the comments box below, or e-mail them in to email@example.com